Thursday, July 24, 2008

Brain Based Learning a Passing Fad??


I found a link to this video on Will at Work Learning Blog

I remember taking an ecology class and my professor was way into brain based learning. It made sense to me - he explained it in a very applicable way to learning. Trainings I attend (on experiential education and Team Building facilitation) all mention brain based learning. SO I have always accepted it.

I came across this video on the Will at Work Learning Blog, which I enjoy because Will is skeptical and challenges common wisdom. There is that part of me that is always looking for the other side of the story - is brain based learning really applicable to schools and adult learning??

This video explains some reasons to be skeptical -

What are your thoughts??


- Michael Cardus serves as an Adventure Consultant for Create-Learning Team Building. Mike facilitates, trains, and speaks to groups in a variety of settings including Fortune 500 Companies, small business, universities and classrooms. Currently he lives in Buffalo NY, he travels to serve your groups needs - where and when your group desires.