Are You Making the Most of Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn?
Friday, September 25
9am to Noon (meet at 9, begin at 9:30)
New Era Cap, 160 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14202
Online communication tools such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn have become a part of our everyday lives. As Organizational Development professionals, it’s vital that we stay up-to-date on the use of those tools for both personal and professional reasons.
To ensure that we are equipped with the knowledge to do just that, three different meetings are being planned to cover this robust topic:
- The first meeting will review these communication tools – what are they, who’s using them, and for what? The session will end with some quick tips on how to get started using those tools.
- The second meeting will focus on how to put these tools to use. For example, some organizations use the tools as part of their marketing and recruiting processes. And OD consultants can also make use of these tools to promote their services. (Target date: December 11, 2009)
- The third meeting will explore the next obvious set of questions – how might the use of these of these tools create challenges and how can an organization respond? (Target date: February 12, 2010)
The first meeting in this three-part series, on September 25, will be facilitated by by Keith Burtis.
Keith Burtis is a successful Social Media Consultant who delivers business value to his clients by building, fostering and growing online communities. He has done this successfully in multiple markets ranging from large tech companies like Best Buy to artist communities like Niagara and Erie County Arts Council.
Keith will help answer the following questions::
- What general purpose(s) were Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn created for?
- What are the demographic profiles of the users?
- What are some advantages and disadvantages of each tool?
- How do you start using the tools?
The second meeting in this series is being planned for December and the third in February. We welcome you to attend any/all of the meetings that match your interests and availability.
if you are interested in attending and wish to gather more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
-Michael Cardus is the founder of Create-Learning-Team Building, an experiential based training and development consulting organization, as well as a blogger for TeamBuilding NY. Mike specializes in team development and leadership development consulting and training, creating team-building programs that retain talented staff members, increase production and effectiveness of your team. He lives in Buffalo, NY, and travels to you to serve your team-building and leadership training needs, wherever and whenever fits your schedule.